Mount Merapi Trekking
After eruption of volcano Merapi last year (2010), there are much change along hiking trail Pasar Bubrah – Summit of Merapi. Mostly half of the trail up summit dominated by volcanic sand, easier to be descended but harder to be ascended. Simply, the trails can be divided into two sections of phase:
1) Sandy Section: This section dominated by volcanic sand. Walking is much harder due to easily to slide backward.Try edging and walk by walking stick are the best ways to make the ascent easier.
2) Solid Rock Section: At the end of sandy section, there are two options:
* Turn left: Follow volcanic rock formation up heads for summit. The rock is solid but little big steeper. Using hand to keep balance while moving up is the best way to tackle this section.
* Turn Right; The trail is not totally consist of sand, but also gravel, unstable volcanic rock and dust.Rock fall from upper side always direct to this section, so…always watch up ( Specially when there are many other hikers ), and considered to wear helmet.
- Tour Package : Mount Merapi Hiking with guidance
- Remark : Transportation leave at 9.30 PM from Jogja to Selo village, briefing, go up 4 hours start at 01.00 AM to the top of the mountain, go down 3 hours from the top. At 7.00 AM back to Selo village, breakfast and transport back to Jogja
- Hours : 12-14
- Price IDR 185.000/ person
Including transportation, insurance and free for borrowing stuff (torch and stick).
Note : Extra free each person 2 snacks and 2 bottles mineral water during hiking for minimum 5 persons booking at price only Idr 200.000 / person.
Free Internet Access 1 hour/person at our Internet Lounge for booking Tour and/or buying Ticket.
For more information or booking, please contact us:
- +62 274 8352507
- +62 819 03762507
- Head Office : Sosrowijawan GTI/96, Malioboro Yogyakarta 55271
- Branch office : Ruko Gorongan No.27, Jl. Perumnas, Condongcatur, Sleman, Yogyakarta 55283